More From Michel de Montaigne
- "Let us permit nature to have her way. She understands her business better than we do."
- "There is no pleasure to me without communication: there is not so much as a sprightly thought comes into my mind that it does not grieve me to have produced alone, and that I have no one to tell it to."
- "Marriage, a market which has nothing free but the entrance."
More In Education
- "Whenever a youth is ascertained to possess talents meriting an education which his parents cannot afford, he should be carried forward at the public expense."― James Madison
- "A lot of people criticize the primaries, but I think they are absolutely essential to the education of the President of the United States."― Pierre Salinger
- "There is not to be found, in all history, any miracle attested by a sufficient number of men, of such unquestioned good sense, education and learning, as to secure us against all delusion in themselves."― David Hume