More From Michael Pollan
- "Fairness forces you – even when you’re writing a piece highly critical of, say, genetically modified food, as I have done – to make sure you represent the other side as extensively and as accurately as you possibly can."
- "In addition to contributing to erosion, pollution, food poisoning, and the dead zone, corn requires huge amounts of fossil fuel – it takes a half gallon of fossil fuel to produce a bushel of corn."
- "Every major food company now has an organic division. There’s more capital going into organic agriculture than ever before."
More In Politics
- "The challenge in working in politics, particularly if you’re working for a political party, is that everyone’s a messenger."― Frank Luntz
- "In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."― Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "I’m always rather nervous about how you talk about women who are active in politics, whether they want to be talked about as women or as politicians."― John F. Kennedy