More From Michael Pollan
- "In corn, I think I’ve found the key to the American food chain. If you look at a fast-food meal, a McDonald’s meal, virtually all the carbon in it – and what we eat is mostly carbon – comes from corn."
- "Fairness forces you – even when you’re writing a piece highly critical of, say, genetically modified food, as I have done – to make sure you represent the other side as extensively and as accurately as you possibly can."
- "A lawn is nature under totalitarian rule."
More In Politics
- "You may think the president is all-powerful, but he is not. He needs a lot of guidance from the Lord."― Barbara Bush
- "In politics, you also have to be cautiously optimistic."― Aung San Suu Kyi
- "I’m still batting away on my politics for the Labour Party. I’m much further to the left of them than I used to be, but that’s because they’ve moved, not me."― Billy Bragg