More From Michael Pollan
- "In corn, I think I’ve found the key to the American food chain. If you look at a fast-food meal, a McDonald’s meal, virtually all the carbon in it – and what we eat is mostly carbon – comes from corn."
- "The things journalists should pay attention to are the issues the political leadership agrees on, rather than to their supposed antagonisms."
- "The Times has much less power than you think. I believe we attribute power to the media generally that it simply doesn’t have. It’s very convenient to blame the media, the same way we blame television for everything that’s going wrong in society."
More In Politics
- "Even with politics, stuff comes around again. Woody Guthrie would recognize America today."― Billy Bragg
- "I’m not really one of those people who believes that if you’re a musician you can just leave that behind and start getting into politics."― Damon Albarn
- "When I came into politics I always thought there was a possibility I would be killed."― Imran Khan