More From Michael Pollan
- "The big journals and Nobel laureates are the equivalent of Congressional leaders in science journalism."
- "In corn, I think I’ve found the key to the American food chain. If you look at a fast-food meal, a McDonald’s meal, virtually all the carbon in it – and what we eat is mostly carbon – comes from corn."
- "Anyway, in my writing I’ve always been interested in finding places to stand, and I’ve found it very useful to have a direct experience of what I’m writing about."
More In Politics
- "I ask you: turn a deaf ear to the special interests. Let politics stand down for a while. don’t waste anytime thinking about future elections until we’ve done our jobs here."― Bob Riley
- "Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."― Henry A. Kissinger
- "When we are sick, we want an uncommon doctor; when we have a construction job to do, we want an uncommon engineer, and when we are at war, we want an uncommon general. It is only when we get into politics that we are satisfied with the common man."― Herbert Hoover