More From Michael Kinsley
- "In those days, the late 1970s, one of the leading politicians was a soon-to-be uncle by marriage of Arnold Schwarzenegger, named Ted Kennedy."
- "It wouldn’t be fair to say that conservatives cherish property the way liberals cherish equality. But it would be fair to say that the takings clause is the conservatives’ recipe for judicial activism just as they say liberals have misused the equal protection clause."
- "The logic is often far-fetched – how does medical marijuana affect interstate commerce? – and some conservatives would like judges to start throwing out federal laws wholesale on commerce clause grounds. The court once again said no thanks."
More In Attitude
- "I won’t say there aren’t any Harvard graduates who have never asserted a superior attitude. But they have done so to our great embarrassment and in no way represent the Harvard I know."― Derek Bok
- "At the time I perceived most religious men, particularly the pastors with all their talk about love, faith and relationship, as effeminate."― Luke Ford
- "My family gave me values that have sustained me through situations that would challenge any person. My personal relationship with the Lord inspires me in all I do."― Kathy Ireland