More From Mel Gibson
- "But although Australia was also involved in the Vietnam conflict, I can remember my dad telling us that if we were in Australia, we wouldn’t be drafted until we were 20."
- "A woman should be home with the children, building that home and making sure there’s a secure family atmosphere."
- "Above all, film is a business… Independence is a really cool thing as you can be a bit more bold, and take a few more chances with what you do."
More In Politics
- "We expected that people were just waiting for the collapse of the Soviet Union, or at least for its retreat, and they were going to be full of initiative in all areas of life – in culture, in economy and in politics."― Andrzej Wajda
- "I listened to Bill Bennett and tons of other talk show hosts who talked about that and other policies and started branching out and caring about other issues in regards to politics."― Jonathan Krohn
- "Ah, there’s a director. Astonishing, Spike Lee. A feisty guy, but a guy who’s, I think, incredibly misunderstood. I think people review his politics or his color as opposed to his filmmaking sometimes. Because he’s a wonderful, wonderful filmmaker and a lover of the art."― Brian Cox