More From Maya Lin
- "The definition of a modern approach to war is the acknowledgement of individual lives lost."
- "My dad was dean of fine arts at the university. I was casting bronzes in the school foundry. I was using the university as a playground."
- "Even though I build buildings and I pursue my architecture, I pursue it as an artist. I deliberately keep a tiny studio. I don’t want to be an architectural firm. I want to remain an artist."
More In Family
- "On Thanksgiving I will stop to give thanks that my family is safe and healthy, especially because I realize that, following the tragedies of this year, it is all too real a possibility that they might not have been."― Bobby Jindal
- "Liberals tend to put the onus of your success on society and conservatives on you and your family."― Dennis Prager
- "Every child should have a caring adult in their lives. And that’s not always a biological parent or family member. It may be a friend or neighbor. Often times it is a teacher."― Joe Manchin