More From Maya Lin
- "Some of your teachers are actually closer in age to you than you think."
- "I was always making things. Even though art was what I did every day, it didn’t even occur to me that I would be an artist."
- "Art is very tricky because it’s what you do for yourself. It’s much harder for me to make those works than the monuments or the architecture."
More In Family
- "I’m not an anarchist, but I believe that people don’t want the royal family – the so-called royal family."― Steven Patrick Morrissey
- "We’ll be going to the fish market and a farmer’s market this afternoon to get what we need to make and eat dinner as a family. I’m trying to expose my kids to going to a farmers market or the fish market and learning what that’s all about."― Emeril Lagasse
- "Americans are free to choose everything from what they eat, drive and watch on TV to the President of the United States. Yet, when it comes to allowing Americans to choose the health insurance that works best for them and their family, the freedom to choose suddenly becomes un-American."― Ron Wyden