More From Maya Lin
- "My dad was dean of fine arts at the university. I was casting bronzes in the school foundry. I was using the university as a playground."
- "I started studying what the nature of a monument is and what a monument should be. And for the World War III memorial I designed a futile, almost terrifying passage that ends nowhere."
- "The process I go through in the art and the architecture, I actually want it to be almost childlike. Sometimes I think it’s magical."
More In Freedom
- "I do most of my business on that dirty Internet that you were just talking about, where I find there is a lot of freedom to report exactly what I want."― Matt Drudge
- "I never abandoned either forms or freedom. I imagine that most of what could be called free verse is in my first book. I got through that fairly early."― Howard Nemerov
- "An almost hysterical antagonism toward the gold standard is one issue which unites statists of all persuasions. They seem to sense… that gold and economic freedom are inseparable."― Alan Greenspan