More From Maya Angelou
- "As far as I knew white women were never lonely, except in books. White men adored them, Black men desired them and Black women worked for them."
- "The sadness of the women’s movement is that they don’t allow the necessity of love. See, I don’t personally trust any revolution where love is not allowed."
- "All men are prepared to accomplish the incredible if their ideals are threatened."
More In Change
- "I have accepted fear as a part of life – specifically the fear of change… I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back."― Erica Jong
- "If there is anything that we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves."― Carl Jung
- "You gotta be able to change worlds."― Courtney Love