More From Maya Angelou
- "My life has been one great big joke, a dance that’s walked a song that’s spoke, I laugh so hard I almost choke when I think about myself."
- "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)"
- "At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice."
More In Change
- "When people said Africa would change me, I didn’t understand what they meant. To see the poverty in the townships, for instance, is overwhelming. I found it heart-wrenching to see young children walking barefoot and hungry in the dirt. I’m the kind of person who wants to change the world right here and now, so I got frustrated."― Jennifer Hudson
- "I wanted to use sports for social change."― Billie Jean King
- "When did I know I had talent? I think it started when I first started playing sports, organized sports."― LeBron James