More From Maya Angelou
- "Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness."
- "My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
- "Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean."
More In Change
- "It’s not the destination that matters. It’s the change of scene."― Brian Eno
- "I have found there are four steps to change. 1. You must want it. 2. You must believe it. 3. You must live it. 4. You will become it."― Glenn Beck
- "So here’s the question: Without a change in leadership, why would the next four years be any different from the last four years?"― Paul Ryan