More From Maya Angelou
- "All men are prepared to accomplish the incredible if their ideals are threatened."
- "Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends."
- "It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength."
More In Courage
- "You live with the fear people might find out. Then you actually have the courage to tell people and they go, I don’t think you are gay. It’s enough to drive you crazy."― Portia de Rossi
- "One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how thoroughly dishonorable some other people can be, and how dangerous it is to trust them."― Thomas Sowell
- "With Pearl Jam, everybody is so good at what they do, it’s hard to get up the courage to say, Can I sing this part, or, I want to play guitar. I feel like I have more courage to do that."― Jeff Ament