More From Maya Angelou
- "My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
- "There is a very fine line between loving life and being greedy for it."
- "I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself."
More In Great
- "It is a great piece of skill to know how to guide your luck even while waiting for it."― Baltasar Gracian
- "I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within."― Douglas MacArthur
- "We only acknowledge small faults in order to make it appear that we are free from great ones."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld