More From Maya Angelou
- "Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him."
- "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return."
- "Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends."
More In Hope
- "I know the world is filled with troubles and many injustices. But reality is as beautiful as it is ugly. I think it is just as important to sing about beautiful mornings as it is to talk about slums. I just couldn’t write anything without hope in it."― Oscar Hammerstein II
- "My deal is have a flat, simple tax. And – Americans want – Americans I hope – aspire to be – be wealthy. I hope they aspire to have a better quality of life. And we have this class warfare that’s going on now. And I don’t agree with that. I’m interested in people getting to work."― Rick Perry
- "I certainly hope I’m not still answering child-star questions by the time I reach menopause."― Christina Ricci