More From Maya Angelou
- "Life loves the liver of it."
- "I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back."
- "While I know myself as a creation of God, I am also obligated to realize and remember that everyone else and everything else are also God’s creation."
More In Hope
- "For, behind the scenes, halfway around the world in Mexico, were two decades of aggressive research on wheat that not only enabled Mexico to become self-sufficient with respect to wheat production but also paved the way to rapid increase in its production in other countries."― Norman Borlaug
- "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all."― Emily Dickinson
- "I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I wanted to build some kind of lifestyle brand that was preppy and cool."― Tommy Hilfiger