More From Maya Angelou
- "As far as I knew white women were never lonely, except in books. White men adored them, Black men desired them and Black women worked for them."
- "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again."
- "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return."
More In Love
- "Love is the word used to label the sexual excitement of the young, the habituation of the middle-aged, and the mutual dependence of the old."― John Ciardi
- "We loved with a love that was more than love."― Edgar Allan Poe
- "Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has ordained that you shall live."― Marcus Aurelius