More From Maya Angelou
- "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."
- "While I know myself as a creation of God, I am also obligated to realize and remember that everyone else and everything else are also God’s creation."
- "My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
More In Life
- "The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive and passion, it’s possible to achieve the American dream."― Tommy Hilfiger
- "I blame my mother for my poor sex life. All she told me was ‘the man goes on top and the woman underneath.’ For three years my husband and I slept in bunk beds."― Joan Rivers
- "There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."― Denis Waitley