More From Maya Angelou
- "Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: “I’m with you kid. Let’s go.”"
- "As far as I knew white women were never lonely, except in books. White men adored them, Black men desired them and Black women worked for them."
- "I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back."
More In Life
- "I can’t cultivate a relationship with my child if it’s between takes. I tried that on a movie and realized, ‘This is not going to work.’ It will work some of the year, but not 12 months a year."― Katherine Heigl
- "The greater the state, the more wrong and cruel its patriotism, and the greater is the sum of suffering upon which its power is founded."― Leo Tolstoy
- "Life is tough, but it’s tougher when you’re stupid."― John Wayne