More From Maya Angelou
- "Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: “I’m with you kid. Let’s go.”"
- "Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean."
- "Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends."
More In Beauty
- "San Francisco is a mad city – inhabited for the most part by perfectly insane people whose women are of a remarkable beauty."― Rudyard Kipling
- "Facts which at first seem improbable will, even on scant explanation, drop the cloak which has hidden them and stand forth in naked and simple beauty."― Galileo Galilei
- "Character contributes to beauty. It fortifies a woman as her youth fades. A mode of conduct, a standard of courage, discipline, fortitude, and integrity can do a great deal to make a woman beautiful."― Jacqueline Bisset