More From Maya Angelou
- "I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back."
- "I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself."
- "Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean."
More In Beauty
- "Truth is a deep kindness that teaches us to be content in our everyday life and share with the people the same happiness."― Khalil Gibran
- "Knowing who the actors were as you were designing them helped, with Catherine’s beauty and Renee’s frailty, they directed me visually just by who they were."― Colleen Atwood
- "I always say you can never be extravagant with beauty. Beauty is God made real. Beauty is life."― Imelda Marcos