More From Maya Angelou
- "As far as I knew white women were never lonely, except in books. White men adored them, Black men desired them and Black women worked for them."
- "My life has been one great big joke, a dance that’s walked a song that’s spoke, I laugh so hard I almost choke when I think about myself."
- "If we lose love and self respect for each other, this is how we finally die."
More In Love
- "Love is being stupid together."― Paul Valery
- "It is easy to say how we love new friends, and what we think of them, but words can never trace out all the fibers that knit us to the old."― George Eliot
- "When you’re taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?"― Marilyn Manson