More From Maya Angelou
- "Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends."
- "The need for change bulldozed a road down the center of my mind."
- "As far as I knew white women were never lonely, except in books. White men adored them, Black men desired them and Black women worked for them."
More In Love
- "If you would be loved, love, and be loveable."― Benjamin Franklin
- "Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you."― William Arthur Ward
- "He who loves, flies, runs, and rejoices; he is free and nothing holds him back."― Henri Matisse