More From Maya Angelou
- "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."
- "The fact that the adult American Negro female emerges a formidable character is often met with amazement, distaste and even belligerance. It is seldom accepted as an inevitable outcome of the struggle won by survivors, and deserves respect if not enthusiastic acceptance."
- "It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength."
More In Courage
- "For as long as this nation has known war, we have embraced the heroes it has produced. Americans have rightfully noted the honor and nobility of courage under hostile fire and thanked those who perished in their defense."― James T. Walsh
- "You and I come by road or rail, but economists travel on infrastructure."― Margaret Thatcher
- "Courage is action, not talk."― Jeff Rich