More From Maya Angelou
- "Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time."
- "If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude."
- "My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
More In Courage
- "Freedom is a system based on courage."― Charles Peguy
- "Throughout the history of our young nation, we have seen our military go bravely into battle, armed with courage and willing to make the ultimate sacrifice."― John M. McHugh
- "We must have courage to bet on our ideas, to take the calculated risk, and to act. Everyday living requires courage if life is to be effective and bring happiness."― Maxwell Maltz