More From Maya Angelou
- "Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness."
- "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."
- "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return."
More In Men
- "Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men."― Joseph Conrad
- "There are one hundred men seeking security to one able man who is willing to risk his fortune."― J. Paul Getty
- "It is the privilege of the gods to want nothing, and of godlike men to want little."― Diogenes