More From Maya Angelou
- "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."
- "The fact that the adult American Negro female emerges a formidable character is often met with amazement, distaste and even belligerance. It is seldom accepted as an inevitable outcome of the struggle won by survivors, and deserves respect if not enthusiastic acceptance."
- "If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude."
More In Men
- "You make mistakes, but I don’t have any regrets. I’m the kind of person who takes responsibility for it and deals with it. I learn from everything I do. I work very hard, I have so many things going on in my life. Get to know me and see who I am."― Kim Kardashian
- "Happy is he who still loves something he loved in the nursery: He has not been broken in two by time; he is not two men, but one, and he has saved not only his soul but his life."― Gilbert K. Chesterton
- "Employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for."― Socrates