More From Maya Angelou
- "The need for change bulldozed a road down the center of my mind."
- "Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends."
- "Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him."
More In Men
- "Beware, so long as you live, of judging men by their outward appearance."― Jean de La Fontaine
- "Only men who are not interested in women are interested in women’s clothes. Men who like women never notice what they wear."― Anatole France
- "A time will come when a politician who has willfully made war and promoted international dissension will be as sure of the dock and much surer of the noose than a private homicide. It is not reasonable that those who gamble with men’s lives should not stake their own."― H. G. Wells