More From Maya Angelou
- "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return."
- "One isn’t necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest."
- "At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice."
More In Great
- "One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds."― Zack de la Rocha
- "The immortality of the soul is a matter which is of so great consequence to us and which touches us so profoundly that we must have lost all feeling to be indifferent about it."― Blaise Pascal
- "I believe in a higher power and I believe in good and bad, right and wrong. You sleep in the bed you make."― Leif Garrett