More From Max Planck
- "Whence come I and whither go I? That is the great unfathomable question, the same for every one of us. Science has no answer to it."
- "It is not the possession of truth, but the success which attends the seeking after it, that enriches the seeker and brings happiness to him."
- "Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realizes that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: ‘Ye must have faith.’"
More In Nature
- "We have failed to protect science against speculative extensions of nature, continuing to assign physical and mathematical properties to hypothetical entities beyond what is observable in nature."― Robert Lanza
- "I think it’s more interesting to see people who don’t feel appropriately. I relate to that, because sometimes I don’t feel anything at all for things I’m supposed to, and other times I feel too much. It’s not always like it is in the movies."― Ryan Gosling
- "Nature is by and large to be found out of doors, a location where, it cannot be argued, there are never enough comfortable chairs."― Fran Lebowitz