More From Max Planck
- "A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."
- "It is not the possession of truth, but the success which attends the seeking after it, that enriches the seeker and brings happiness to him."
- "Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realizes that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: ‘Ye must have faith.’"
More In Nature
- "The groves were God’s first temples."― William C. Bryant
- "Human nature is not black and white but black and grey."― Graham Greene
- "Man masters nature not by force but by understanding. This is why science has succeeded where magic failed: because it has looked for no spell to cast over nature."― Jacob Bronowski