More From Max Lerner
- "Despite the success cult, men are most deeply moved not by the reaching of the goal but by the grandness of the effort involved in getting there – or failing to get there."
- "Either men will learn to live like brothers, or they will die like beasts."
- "The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt."
More In Age
- "I want to get old gracefully. I want to have good posture, I want to be healthy and be an example to my children."― Sting
- "I never come back home with the same moral character I went out with; something or other becomes unsettled where I had achieved internal peace; some one or other of the things I had put to flight reappears on the scene."― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- "The reality is sobering: in the United States one in three girls will become pregnant before age 20, totaling more than 750,000 girls per year."― Jane Fonda