More From Maurice Sendak
- "If life is so critical, if Anne Frank could die, if my friend could die, children were as vulnerable as adults, and that gave me a secret purpose to my work, to make them live. Because I wanted to live. I wanted to grow up."
- "Do parents sit down and tell their kids everything? I don’t know. I don’t know. I’ve convinced myself – I hope I’m right – that children despair of you if you don’t tell them the truth."
- "My life in Brooklyn was in constant danger because of my bad health."
More In Happiness
- "A wise woman never yields by appointment. It should always be an unforeseen happiness."― Stendhal
- "The pursuit of happiness is a most ridiculous phrase: if you pursue happiness you’ll never find it."― Carrie P. Snow
- "Objects we ardently pursue bring little happiness when gained; most of our pleasures come from unexpected sources."― Herbert Spencer