More From Maurice Sendak
- "Girls are infinitely more complicated than boys and women more than men. And there’s no doubt about that. We just don’t like to think about it. Certainly the men don’t like to think about it."
- "I’ve convinced myself – I hope I’m right – that children despair of you if you don’t tell them the truth."
- "My father could be very witty, even if the humor was always on the darker side of irony."
More In Happiness
- "But let me tell you what happens when regulations go too far, when they seem to exist only for the purpose of justifying the existence of a regulator. It kills the people trying to start a business."― Marco Rubio
- "The Dalai Lama. He is a very wise man of great inner peace who believes that happiness is the purpose of our lives. Through his teachings and leadership, he continues to make this world a better place in which to live."― Sidney Sheldon
- "Your dear baby has died innocent and blameless, and has been called away by an all wise and merciful Creator, most probably from a life to misery and misfortune, and most certainly to one of happiness and bliss."― George Mason