More From Maurice Maeterlinck
- "All our knowledge merely helps us to die a more painful death than animals that know nothing."
- "An act of goodness is of itself an act of happiness. No reward coming after the event can compare with the sweet reward that went with it."
- "It is not from reason that justice springs, but goodness is born of wisdom."
More In Happiness
- "Since every man desires happiness, it is evidently no small matter whether he conceives of happiness in terms of work or of enjoyment."― Irving Babbitt
- "But let me tell you what happens when regulations go too far, when they seem to exist only for the purpose of justifying the existence of a regulator. It kills the people trying to start a business."― Marco Rubio
- "Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants."― Benjamin Franklin