More From Matthew Simpson
- "Napoleon was probably the equal at least of Washington in intellect, his superior in education. Both of them were successful in serving the state."
- "If, then, knowledge be power, how much more power to we gain through the agency of faith, and what elevation must it give to human character."
- "The realm of immediate or personal knowledge is a narrow circle in which these bodies move; the realm of knowledge derived through faith is as wide as the universe, and old as eternity."
More In Faith
- "Faith is an aptitude of the spirit. It is, in fact, a talent: you must be born with it."― Anton Chekhov
- "You can be a virtuous person without faith in God."― Bill Bennett
- "Well, I’ve never left my faith – but have I made a lot of mistakes? But was I fortunate that I was brought up in that Pentecostal church, where I heard about God’s love and God’s forgiveness."― Billy Ray Cyrus