More From Matthew Simpson
- "Another principle is, the deepest affections of our hearts gather around some human form in which are incarnated the living thoughts and ideas of the passing age."
- "I do not purpose to discuss faith in its dogmatic sense today."
- "We know the past and its great events, the present in its multitudinous complications, chiefly through faith in the testimony of others."
More In Faith
- "I met the president when he was president-elect at a meeting in Austin. He spoke of his faith. He spoke of his desire for a compassionate conservatism, for a faith-based initiative that would do something for poor people."― Jim Wallis
- "Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them."― Steve Jobs
- "In a mood of faith and hope my work goes on. A ream of fresh paper lies on my desk waiting for the next book. I am a writer and I take up my pen to write."― Pearl S. Buck