More From Matthew Simpson
- "Taking it in its wider and generic application, I understand faith to be the supplement of sense; or, to change the phrase, all knowledge which comes not to us through our senses we gain by faith in others."
- "If, then, faith widens the connections, it elevates the man."
- "The realm of immediate or personal knowledge is a narrow circle in which these bodies move; the realm of knowledge derived through faith is as wide as the universe, and old as eternity."
More In Education
- "With Michigan’s economic future on the line, we can’t afford to have our 500 local school districts marching in different directions. Instead, we need a high standards, mandatory curriculum to get all our students on the road to higher education and a good paying job."― Jennifer Granholm
- "As a former high school teacher, I know that investing in education is one of the most important things we can do, not only for our children, but for the benefit of our whole community."― Ed Pastor
- "The relationship of the two problems is rather the reverse. To a great extent disarmament is dependent on guarantees of peace. Security comes first and disarmament second."― Ludwig Quidde