More From Matthew Macfadyen
- "I was quite a shy child. I would get terribly nervous and throw up before my birthday party. And then I would be fine. I feel the same now. I get nervous, then it’s fine."
- "The security comes, as an actor, in knowing that you’re not in control. If you try to control your career, or how people perceive you, you’ll make yourself unhappy, because life doesn’t work like that. So much is luck. It’s much better to let yourself off, to think, ‘There’s nothing I can do.’"
- "I don’t feel like a romantic lead; I guess I feel more like a character actor."
More In Romantic
- "There’s something so romantic about being broke in New York. You gotta do it. You have to live there once without any money, and then you have to live there when you have money. Let me tell you, of the two, the latter is far better."― Amy Poehler
- "I don’t think I’ll ever escape the fact that I don’t belong anywhere in particular. I’ve often dreamed about going back to Nigeria, but that’s a very romantic notion. It’s a hideous country to go to in reality."― Hugo Weaving
- "I’m really a romantic at heart."― Christopher Atkins