More From Matthew Macfadyen
- "I don’t feel like a romantic lead; I guess I feel more like a character actor."
- "The security comes, as an actor, in knowing that you’re not in control. If you try to control your career, or how people perceive you, you’ll make yourself unhappy, because life doesn’t work like that. So much is luck. It’s much better to let yourself off, to think, ‘There’s nothing I can do.’"
- "I was quite a shy child. I would get terribly nervous and throw up before my birthday party. And then I would be fine. I feel the same now. I get nervous, then it’s fine."
More In Romantic
- "I broke my nose in gym when a ball hit me. I took a girl to her debutante ball the next week wearing a tux and a big, honking bandage. Not the romantic night she had in mind."― Wentworth Miller
- "I did send a girl a plane ticket asking her for a visit, I guess that’s quite romantic."― Orlando Bloom
- "When I was younger, many of my romantic escapades were just a means of simply avoiding being by myself. I was afraid of feeling lonely, afraid I wouldn’t know what to say to myself."― Michael Zaslow