More From Matt Groening
- "Since I was there in the very beginning, I know the history of the characters. So, I make comments about the tone and sometimes remind the writers that we’ve done that before."
- "Sometimes people get mad at The Simpsons’ subversive story telling, but there’s another message in there, which is a celebration of making wild, funny stories."
- "It’s a funny show. The characters are surprisingly likable, given how ugly they are. We’ve got this huge cast of characters that we can move around. And over the last few seasons, we’ve explored some of the secondary characters’ personal lives a bit more."
More In Dad
- "But more importantly, I think he remembered how very close I was with my own dad, who had died in 1997."― Richard Marx
- "I didn’t know my Dad – he moved out early. And my mom’s politics were kind of hardscrabble. She didn’t think about Democrats or Republicans. She thought about who made sense. I’ve been both in my life."― Dennis Miller
- "I don’t know if there is a gene for comedy, but my dad was a very funny man. He just didn’t know it. He was a naturally funny character, and when my brother and I would laugh at things he said and did, he would say, ‘What do you think is so funny?’"― James Belushi