More From Marya Mannes
- "In our society those who are in reality superior in intelligence can be accepted by their fellows only if they pretend they are not."
- "It is not enough to show people how to live better: there is a mandate for any group with enormous powers of communication to show people how to be better."
- "All really great lovers are articulate, and verbal seduction is the surest road to actual seduction."
More In Attitude
- "What reader wants to be told what attitude to strike?"― Ian Mcewan
- "Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."― Khalil Gibran
- "I feel like I have as good a shot as anybody out there and I have gotten close in the past, so why not have the attitude that I can come out and play great tennis and maybe even win this tournament."― Michael Chang