More From Marya Mannes
- "Women are repeatedly accused of taking things personally. I cannot see any other honest way of taking them."
- "All really great lovers are articulate, and verbal seduction is the surest road to actual seduction."
- "If American men are obsessed with money, American women are obsessed with weight. The men talk of gain, the women talk of loss, and I do not know which talk is the more boring."
More In Attitude
- "When you pray for anyone you tend to modify your personal attitude toward him."― Norman Vincent Peale
- "The U.S. tries to provide immigrants who grow up here with a world-class education and imbue them with the can-do attitude that has long defined American innovation."― Gary Locke
- "‘UFO’s’ attitude toward the subject is very similar to mine. It’s not an advocacy; its philosophy is more ‘I want to believe this, but I want it proved.’"― Dwight Schultz