More From Mary Wortley Montagu
- "Nobody can deny but religion is a comfort to the distressed, a cordial to the sick, and sometimes a restraint on the wicked; therefore whoever would argue or laugh it out of the world without giving some equivalent for it ought to be treated as a common enemy."
- "Nobody should trust their virtue with necessity, the force of which is never known till it is felt, and it is therefore one of the first duties to avoid the temptation of it."
- "While conscience is our friend, all is at peace; however once it is offended, farewell to a tranquil mind."
More In Romantic
- "My idea of a romantic night is to watch action films."― Corey Hart
- "I believe that when you’re in love you have to pour your heart and soul out to your partner… or why bother? So in that sense I’m an incurable romantic when it comes to men."― Cameron Diaz
- "One of the big changes in politics has been because families, individuals, have felt worried, insecure… worried about the economy, worried about their jobs, worried about their kids’ futures… actually the disconnect between the public and media discourse and people’s everyday concerns has become bigger not smaller."― Nick Clegg