More From Mary Wortley Montagu
- "Nobody should trust their virtue with necessity, the force of which is never known till it is felt, and it is therefore one of the first duties to avoid the temptation of it."
- "Nobody can deny but religion is a comfort to the distressed, a cordial to the sick, and sometimes a restraint on the wicked; therefore whoever would argue or laugh it out of the world without giving some equivalent for it ought to be treated as a common enemy."
- "While conscience is our friend, all is at peace; however once it is offended, farewell to a tranquil mind."
More In Romantic
- "For to be poised against fatality, to meet adverse conditions gracefully, is more than simple endurance; it is an act of aggression, a positive triumph."― Thomas Mann
- "Becoming a mother cannot help but change things. An author’s life is reflected in their writing, whether they want it to be or not, and parenthood is one of the biggest life changes there is."― Sarah Zettel
- "I’m not about to talk about what’s romantic in my life – I figure if you talk about it once, then that’s an open invitation for everyone to dig into your personal life even further. So, I just keep my private life to myself."― James Van Der Beek