More From Mary Wortley Montagu
- "While conscience is our friend, all is at peace; however once it is offended, farewell to a tranquil mind."
- "Nobody can deny but religion is a comfort to the distressed, a cordial to the sick, and sometimes a restraint on the wicked; therefore whoever would argue or laugh it out of the world without giving some equivalent for it ought to be treated as a common enemy."
- "Nobody should trust their virtue with necessity, the force of which is never known till it is felt, and it is therefore one of the first duties to avoid the temptation of it."
More In Romantic
- "Being in the studio is a really romantic time."― Alison Krauss
- "Beatbullying’s ‘The Big March 2012’ is such a brilliant campaign and I am very proud to be a part of it. I have been a victim of cyber bullying myself and I know firsthand just how hurtful it can be. People think that they can hide behind computers and send nasty and hurtful comments to people, and this is wrong."― Katherine Jenkins
- "My parents were involved in everything I did. They were showbiz people themselves. My dad was an actor. They were parents; they did what parents are supposed to do."― Tina Yothers