More From Mary Wollstonecraft
- "Women have seldom sufficient employment to silence their feelings; a round of little cares, or vain pursuits frittering away all strength of mind and organs, they become naturally only objects of sense."
- "Women are systematically degraded by receiving the trivial attentions which men think it manly to pay to the sex, when, in fact, men are insultingly supporting their own superiority."
- "I do earnestly wish to see the distinction of sex confounded in society, unless where love animates the behaviour."
More In Freedom
- "You learn that you either are going to have a police state where you don’t have any freedom left, or you’re going to build a world that doesn’t create terrorists – and that means a whole different way of “getting along.”"― John Shelby Spong
- "Money won’t create success, the freedom to make it will."― Nelson Mandela
- "With Napster and the sharing of music, of course, there are going to be people who exploit it. Greed has no end. But there’s a lot of good that could happen. We shouldn’t let the economic concerns of the major labels infringe on our freedom to share music."― Ian MacKaye