More From Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
- "The agony of my feelings allowed me no respite; no incident occurred from which my rage and misery could not extract its food."
- "My dreams were all my own; I accounted for them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed – my dearest pleasure when free."
- "Life and death appeared to me ideal bounds, which I should first break through, and pour a torrent of light into our dark world."
More In Dreams
- "Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths."― Joseph Campbell
- "Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together."― Eugene Ionesco
- "Our citizens and those who have gone before us charted the broad outlines of where we need to go, and they would envy our opportunity to translate those dreams into action. And I believe they will judge us very harshly should we fail to act."― Dave Freudenthal