More From Mary Schmich
- "Here’s a thing about the death of your mother, or anyone else you love: You can’t anticipate how you’ll feel afterward. People will tell you; a few may be close to right, none exactly right."
- "Don’t expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you’ll have a trust fund. Maybe you’ll have a wealthy spouse. But you never know when either of them might run out."
- "The movies we love and admire are to some extent a function of who we are when we see them."
More In Movies
- "As far back as I can remember, these are the first movies, the Universal horror movies where I knew the title of the film and I also knew the names of the actors in those films."― Benicio Del Toro
- "A lot of movies are about life, mine are like a slice of cake."― Alfred Hitchcock
- "I think I turned to writing really just to wake up in the morning and be a musician and to have something to do, and feel like a musician every day even if I wasn’t working."― Lesley Gore