More From Mary Oliver
- "When it’s over, I want to say: all my life I was a bride married to amazement. I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms."
- "To live in this world, you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal; to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, to let it go."
- "Poetry isn’t a profession, it’s a way of life. It’s an empty basket; you put your life into it and make something out of that."
More In Work
- "Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."― Booker T. Washington
- "I met an American woman and got married so I had to get a job."― Walter Wager
- "I think I should be active politically. Because I look upon myself as a politician. That’s not a dirty work you know. Some people think that there are something wrong with politicians. Of course, something wrong with some politicians."― Aung San Suu Kyi