More From Martin Scorsese
- "I think all the great studio filmmakers are dead or no longer working. I don’t put myself, my friends, and other contemporary filmmakers in their category. I just see us doing some work."
- "Being a father at a later age is different from when I had my other two daughters when I was in my 20s and 30s. If you’re in your 60s and you’re with the kid every day, you’re dealing with the mind of a child, so it opens up that childishness in you again."
- "I love studying Ancient History and seeing how empires rise and fall, sowing the seeds of their own destruction."
More In God
- "Man has to awaken to wonder – and so perhaps do peoples. Science is a way of sending him to sleep again."― Ludwig Wittgenstein
- "A universe with a God would look quite different from a universe without one. A physics, a biology where there is a God is bound to look different. So the most basic claims of religion are scientific. Religion is a scientific theory."― Richard Dawkins
- "A lot of what I’m obsessed with is the relationship and the dynamics between people and the family, particularly brothers and their father."― Martin Scorsese