More From Martha Reeves
- "I worshipped Berry Gordy for the creative dreams he had made come true."
- "Lead singers not only do the majority of the work, but their personalities are singled out and taken as the general attitude of the unit."
- "The morning after my high-school graduation found me up early job hunting. The dream of college I put on the back burner."
More In Change
- "The simplest questions are the most profound. Where were you born? Where is your home? Where are you going? What are you doing? Think about these once in a while and watch your answers change."― Richard Bach
- "Weep not that the world changes – did it keep a stable, changeless state, it were cause indeed to weep."― William C. Bryant
- "When I joined Bill Clinton’s start-up presidential campaign in 1991, I was confident that women would play an ever more important role, but I never gave a minute’s thought to what would happen if we won. When we did – and I became the first woman to serve as White House press secretary – it changed my life. But it didn’t change the world."― Dee Dee Myers