More From Martha Beck
- "Seek art from every time and place, in any form, to connect with those who really move you."
- "My own nature hovers between neurotic and paranoid. I’ve developed the habit of mentally listing things that make me optimistic about the future. I do it every day."
- "To know what that true self is without social pressure is to know your true nature."
More In Art
- "I’m very manipulative towards directors. My theory is that everyone on the set is directing the film, we’re all receiving art messages from the universe on how we should do the film."― Jeff Bridges
- "The style of ancient Egyptian art is transcendently clear, something 8-year-olds can recognize in an instant. Its consistency and codification is one of the most epic visual journeys in all art, one that lasts 30 dynasties spread over 3,000 years."― Jerry Saltz
- "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass."― Martin Mull