More From Marshall McLuhan
- "The spoken word was the first technology by which man was able to let go of his environment in order to grasp it in a new way."
- "The business of the advertiser is to see that we go about our business with some magic spell or tune or slogan throbbing quietly in the background of our minds."
- "Art is anything you can get away with."
More In Friendship
- "Good fellowship and friendship are lasting, rational and manly pleasures."― William Wycherley
- "When a friend is in trouble, don’t annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it."― E. W. Howe
- "The value of old age depends upon the person who reaches it. To some men of early performance it is useless. To others, who are late to develop, it just enables them to finish the job."― Thomas Hardy