More From Marshall McLuhan
- "A commercial society whose members are essentially ascetic and indifferent in social ritual has to be provided with blueprints and specifications for evoking the right tone for every occasion."
- "Ads are the cave art of the twentieth century."
- "American youth attributes much more importance to arriving at driver’s license age than at voting age."
More In Friendship
- "When friendship disappears then there is a space left open to that awful loneliness of the outside world which is like the cold space between the planets. It is an air in which men perish utterly."― Hilaire Belloc
- "A man’s growth is seen in the successive choirs of his friends."― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "I’m single, footloose and fancy free, I have no responsibilities, no anchors. Work, friendship and self-improvement, that’s me."― Joel Edgerton