More From Mark Zandi
- "The FHA’s success provides strong evidence that government can and should play a role in the nation’s mortgage finance system. It also demonstrates that although government intervention in the economy during the Great Recession was messy, things would have been a lot messier without it."
- "It has become fashionable to rail against government intervention in the economy, and the FHA is a favorite example by those trying to show the government’s overreach. In reality, the FHA shows how government action during the Great Recession forestalled a much worse economic fate."
- "Buying a home wouldn’t make much sense if house prices were likely to decline further; no one wants to catch a falling knife."
More In Respect
- "I always remember having a healthy respect for my grandmother."― Prince William
- "Like I said, I’ve got too much respect for women to marry them, but that doesn’t mean you can’t support them emotionally and financially."― Sylvester Stallone
- "In the sense that you’re not at the centre of power, like a president or prime minister of a major power, everyone is marginalised; my position doesn’t isn’t unique in that respect. I think there are different sorts of relevance in different contexts."― Peter Singer