More From Mark Zandi
- "Past experience with fiscal austerity at home and overseas strongly suggests that it is best for the economy’s long-run performance to restrain government spending rather than raise taxes."
- "In the fourth grade, my history teacher gave us a project: Why was the auto industry located in Detroit, Michigan? I didn’t know I was going to be an economist, but I knew I was going to do something that was involved in answering questions like that one because I thought that was a fascinating question."
- "Distressed properties are often vacant and in disrepair, and thus sold at significant discounts. As the share of distressed sales grows, home prices fall."
More In Work
- "It’s definitely a dream come true to be recognized and to be able to sign autographs. But, it’s also a lot of hard work and can be draining. If you don’t know already, you will quickly learn who your real friends are."― Christina Aguilera
- "The productivity now at universities is terrible. Tenure is a terrible idea. It keeps them around forever and they don’t have to work hard."― Jack Welch
- "I swim when I can but I don’t work out."― Steven Patrick Morrissey