More From Mark Zandi
- "Potential home buyers have a two-step decision process. First, they determine whether they can afford to make a purchase – does their income safely cover their mortgage payment? Then they determine whether owning is a better financial choice than renting – are the costs of owning a home lower than the cost of renting it?"
- "Distressed properties are often vacant and in disrepair, and thus sold at significant discounts. As the share of distressed sales grows, home prices fall."
- "The Tea Party was born out of the disgust many Americans felt early in the financial crisis upon learning that the federal government was even contemplating reducing the principal on some troubled mortgages."
More In Work
- "I fear my enthusiasm flags when real work is demanded of me."― H. P. Lovecraft
- "You’re basing your laws and your whole outlook on natural life on mythology. It won’t work. That’s why you have all these problems in the world. Name them: India, Pakistan, Ireland. Name them-all these problems. They’re all religious problems."― Jack Kevorkian
- "Recovery is something that you have to work on every single day and it’s something that it doesn’t get a day off."― Demi Lovato