More From Mark Zandi
- "No one should expect the value of their house to appreciate quickly – counting on your home to be a significant part of your retirement saving isn’t a winning strategy – but it is reasonable to expect that prices generally will rise with at least the rate of inflation for some time to come."
- "Potential home buyers have a two-step decision process. First, they determine whether they can afford to make a purchase – does their income safely cover their mortgage payment? Then they determine whether owning is a better financial choice than renting – are the costs of owning a home lower than the cost of renting it?"
- "The most important point is, in a time of crisis, there is no way out but for the government to be bold and aggressive."
More In Success
- "The person interested in success has to learn to view failure as a healthy, inevitable part of the process of getting to the top."― Joyce Brothers
- "Weapons are an important factor in war, but not the decisive one; it is man and not materials that counts."― Mao Zedong
- "Sometimes people call me a success for all the reasons that make me think I’m a failure."― William Hurt