More From Mark Zandi
- "The Tea Party was born out of the disgust many Americans felt early in the financial crisis upon learning that the federal government was even contemplating reducing the principal on some troubled mortgages."
- "It has become fashionable to rail against government intervention in the economy, and the FHA is a favorite example by those trying to show the government’s overreach. In reality, the FHA shows how government action during the Great Recession forestalled a much worse economic fate."
- "It is hard to be enthusiastic about the economy’s prospects when house prices are falling: Households spend less, small business owners can’t use homes as collateral for loans and local governments are forced to cut jobs and programs as property-tax revenue disappears."
More In Time
- "I’ve said many a time that I think the Un-American Activities Committee in the House of Representatives was the most un-American thing in America!"― Harry S. Truman
- "Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away."― Elvis Presley
- "We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time."― Vince Lombardi