More From Mark Zandi
- "Distressed properties are often vacant and in disrepair, and thus sold at significant discounts. As the share of distressed sales grows, home prices fall."
- "The most important point is, in a time of crisis, there is no way out but for the government to be bold and aggressive."
- "Past experience with fiscal austerity at home and overseas strongly suggests that it is best for the economy’s long-run performance to restrain government spending rather than raise taxes."
More In Time
- "Acting deals with very delicate emotions. It is not putting up a mask. Each time an actor acts he does not hide; he exposes himself."― Rodney Dangerfield
- "You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on."― George W. Bush
- "But whether it be dream or truth, to do well is what matters. If it be truth, for truth’s sake. If not, then to gain friends for the time when we awaken."― Pedro Calderon de la Barca