More From Mark Twain
- "Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about."
- "It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them."
- "The Christian’s Bible is a drug store. Its contents remain the same, but the medical practice changes."
More In Work
- "Whatever you do, do it with all your might. Work at it, early and late, in season and out of season, not leaving a stone unturned, and never deferring for a single hour that which can be done just as well now."― P. T. Barnum
- "A man’s face is his autobiography. A woman’s face is her work of fiction."― Oscar Wilde
- "Love consists in giving without getting in return; in giving what is not owed, what is not due the other. That’s why true love is never based, as associations for utility or pleasure are, on a fair exchange."― Mortimer Adler