More From Mark Twain
- "What a wee little part of a person’s life are his acts and his words! His real life is led in his head, and is known to none but himself."
- "Substitute “damn” every time you’re inclined to write “very”; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be."
- "Work is a necessary evil to be avoided."
More In Good
- "That terrible mood of depression of whether it’s any good or not is what is known as The Artist’s Reward."― Ernest Hemingway
- "You say it is the good cause that hallows even war? I say unto you: it is the good war that hallows any cause."― Friedrich Nietzsche
- "Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."― Louisa May Alcott