More From Mark Twain
- "It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them."
- "Man – a creature made at the end of the week’s work when God was tired."
- "Prophesy is a good line of business, but it is full of risks."
More In Society
- "Life has loveliness to sell, all beautiful and splendid things, blue waves whitened on a cliff, soaring fire that sways and sings, and children’s faces looking up, holding wonder like a cup."― Sara Teasdale
- "If you look at the footballers, you look at our celebrity culture, we seem to be saying, ‘This is the way you want to be’. We seem to be a society that celebrates all the wrong people."― Iain Duncan Smith
- "The forces in a capitalist society, if left unchecked, tend to make the rich richer and the poor poorer."― Jawaharlal Nehru