More From Mark Twain
- "Substitute “damn” every time you’re inclined to write “very”; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be."
- "Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about."
- "Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter."
More In Best
- "There is only one thing for us to do, and that is to do our level best right where we are every day of our lives; To use our best judgment, and then to trust the rest to that Power which holds the forces of the universe in his hands."― Orison Swett Marden
- "I don’t believe the most successful people are the ones who got the best grades, got into the best schools, or made the most money."― Ben Stein
- "I have found it advisable not to give too much heed to what people say when I am trying to accomplish something of consequence. Invariably they proclaim it can’t be done. I deem that the very best time to make the effort."― Calvin Coolidge