More From Mark Twain
- "It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them."
- "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
- "Humor must not professedly teach and it must not professedly preach, but it must do both if it would live forever."
More In Good
- "I don’t believe that old cliche that good things come to those who wait. I think good things come to those who want something so bad they can’t sit still."― Ashton Kutcher
- "I don’t think Christmas is necessarily about things. It’s about being good to one another, it’s about the Christian ethic, it’s about kindness."― Carrie Fisher
- "What is moral is what you feel good after, and what is immoral is what you feel bad after."― Ernest Hemingway