More From Mark Twain
- "Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been."
- "It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them."
- "It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling."
More In Death
- "Death is with you all the time; you get deeper in it as you move towards it, but it’s not unfamiliar to you. It’s always been there, so what becomes unfamiliar to you when you pass away from the moment is really life."― Bell Hooks
- "Comrade Deng Xiaoping – along with other party elders – gave the party leadership their firm and full support to put down the political disturbance using forceful measures."― Li Peng
- "Everything tends to make us believe that there exists a certain point of the mind at which life and death, the real and the imagined, past and future, the communicable and the incommunicable, high and low, cease to be perceived as contradictions."― Andre Breton