More From Mark Twain
- "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
- "If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And If it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first."
- "The finest clothing made is a person’s own skin, but, of course, society demands something more than this."
More In Happiness
- "The British do not expect happiness. I had the impression, all the time that I lived there, that they do not want to be happy; they want to be right."― Quentin Crisp
- "Happiness is like a cat, If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay not attention to it and go about your business, you’ll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap."― William Bennett
- "When the honour is given to that scientist personally the happiness is sweet indeed. Science is, on the whole, an informal activity, a life of shirt sleeves and coffee served in beakers."― George Porter