More From Mark Strand
- "I certainly can’t speak for all cultures or all societies, but it’s clear that in America, poetry serves a very marginal purpose. It’s not part of the cultural mainstream."
- "I would say that American poetry has always been a poetry of personal testimony."
- "A life is not sufficiently elevated for poetry, unless, of course, the life has been made into an art."
More In Change
- "As man sows, so shall he reap. In works of fiction, such men are sometimes converted. More often, in real life, they do not change their natures until they are converted into dust."― Charles W. Chesnutt
- "Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes."― Hugh Prather
- "No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world."― Robin Williams