More From Mark Strand
- "I certainly can’t speak for all cultures or all societies, but it’s clear that in America, poetry serves a very marginal purpose. It’s not part of the cultural mainstream."
- "I think the best American poetry is the poetry that utilizes the resources of poetry rather than exploits the defects or triumphs of the poet’s personality."
- "And yet, in a culture like ours, which is given to material comforts, and addicted to forms of entertainment that offer immediate gratification, it is surprising that so much poetry is written."
More In Change
- "I wouldn’t change anything. I’ve made mistakes, but thanks to those mistakes, I’ve learned."― Enrique Iglesias
- "One of my favorite philosophical tenets is that people will agree with you only if they already agree with you. You do not change people’s minds."― Frank Zappa
- "Using the power of decision gives you the capacity to get past any excuse to change any and every part of your life in an instant."― Tony Robbins