More From Mark Strand
- "A great many people seem to think writing poetry is worthwhile, even though it pays next to nothing and is not as widely read as it should be."
- "I certainly can’t speak for all cultures or all societies, but it’s clear that in America, poetry serves a very marginal purpose. It’s not part of the cultural mainstream."
- "I believe that all poetry is formal in that it exists within limits, limits that are either inherited by tradition or limits that language itself imposes."
More In Change
- "I just want people to know that if they want to change the direction of the country, they can do it, but only if they’re active, informed, and engaged."― Jim DeMint
- "It’s important to fall in love with someone you don’t want to change."― Jessica Simpson
- "It doesn’t matter what color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, etc., everyone should have the same freedoms and liberties."― Lance Bass