More From Mario Batali
- "All the information you could want is constantly streaming at you like a runaway truck – books, newspaper stories, Web sites, apps, how-to videos, this article you’re reading, even entire magazines devoted to single subjects like charcuterie or wedding cakes or pickles."
- "As they say in Italy, Italians were eating with a knife and fork when the French were still eating each other. The Medici family had to bring their Tuscan cooks up there so they could make something edible."
- "The way the bankers have kind of toppled the way money is distributed, and taken most of it into their own hands, is as good as Stalin or Hitler."
More In Design
- "It is only after years of preparation that the young artist should touch color – not color used descriptively, that is, but as a means of personal expression."― Henri Matisse
- "This is what I like about being a designer: You can’t really get it until you see it."― Isaac Mizrahi
- "I don’t set goals. Like, that’s what I want to be doing however many years from now. I do what I love to do at the moment. If I wake up tomorrow and decide I want to dance, that’s what I’d do. Or design clothes."― Ayumi Hamasaki