More From Mario Batali
- "I was at a party, and some squiggly looking dude with a bow tie came up and said, ‘How’d you like to be on TV?’ Turns out he was the programming guy at the Food Network. They had me come into the office, and I did a ‘Ready, Set, Cook’ with Emeril Lagasse, I believe."
- "When you cut that eggplant up and you roast it in the oven and you make the tomato sauce and you put it on top, your soul is in that food, and there’s something about that that can never be made by a company that has three million employees."
- "As far away as you can get from the process of mechanisms and machinery, the more likely your food’s going to taste good. And that – that is probably the largest thing I can hand to anybody is let your hands touch it. Let them make it."
More In Design
- "I’m not a size 0, and I’m nowhere close to it. But, I don’t want anyone to know what I am so I like to design clothes so you don’t know what’s going on under there."― Rachel Roy
- "So, I’m always around video games but I’ve always been interested in them from a visual perspective, with the graphic design and that whole thing. I don’t know if that comes from my love of photography or what but that’s always what’s held my interest about them."― Sophia Bush
- "Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."― Jim Rohn