More From Marian Wright Edelman
- "Children under five are the poorest age group in America, and one in four infants, toddlers and preschoolers are poor during the years of greatest brain development."
- "I’m sure I am impatient sometimes. I sure do get angry sometimes. I think it’s outrageous how hard it is to get this country to feed its children and to take care of its children, to give them a decent education."
- "I grew up in a very religious family and it is the motivating force to every thing I do. I am fortunate to have had adults all around me who really lived their faith, in helping other people and doing the best you can do."
More In Design
- "The level of detail and craft is something that’s inscribed within the original design concept. And so when I begin to draw, I know what kind of detailing I want the building to have."― Tadao Ando
- "Through the harsh design of fate, Florida was dealt the unfortunate circumstances of bearing the brunt of not one but two hurricanes, and it appears more dark clouds are poised to visit the Sunshine State."― Ginny Brown-Waite
- "I don’t design cars. I’m not a designer. I know what I desire to be built, I know what the end result is, the horsepower, the competition we’ll be working against – but I leave it to the people who work with me to put it all together. I don’t do anything."― Caroll Shelby