More From Marian Wright Edelman
- "The Declaration of Independence was always our vision of who we wanted to be, our ideal of freedom and justice, how we were going to be different, and what the American experiment was going to be about."
- "If you don’t like the way the world is, you change it. You have an obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time."
- "We do not have a money problem in America. We have a values and priorities problem."
More In Design
- "I believe consistency and orthogonality are tools of design, not the primary goal in design."― Yukihiro Matsumoto
- "I remember at the age of five travelling on a trolley car with my mother past a group of women on a picket line at a textile plant, seeing them being viciously beaten by security people. So that kind of thing stayed with me."― Noam Chomsky
- "My four older brothers were my favorite players. That’s why I got into football and sports."― Tony Dorsett